Info on Gardtec panel please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gardtec 595 panel fitted, it looks as though this has now been replaced with the 600 model.

Will the 600 does anyone know work with my excising zone expanders, keypads and relay o/p expanders, I am using the first type 800 kp's not the remote control type.

Sponsored Links
600 series use a 4 wire keypad , the 595 is a 6 wire keypad ( some of the last 595/800 did use the 4 wire keypads I believe,other items should be ok , take a look on RS components as they stock some Gardtec parts !

Thank you sparkymarka, my kp's are 6 wire although I have noted that the 595 does have a label on it stating it can be used 4 wire.
It was used as a replacement for a 840 panel and therefor was a simple swap, my 595 was subjected to a multi event power cut when I was away on holiday and false alarmed and locked itself in alarm and refused to respond to master code and area codes.
I had to over the phone instruct my key-holder how to drop the mains and remove the battery.
Upon my return home on powering up again the panel responded fully to all codes and I have fully walk tested it armed it caused test alarms and confirmed alarms and its seems back to normal.
I have replaced the fuse spur now with a Bentley filtered unit because I wondered if there were spikes in the supply due to the power supply outage.
But in the back of my mind I wonder is the panel hiding some damage caused by the supply problem, hence the question I could live with just one kp if needed to keep cost in check.

Got loads out there , only issue we ever have is when they don't get serviced and the customer phones up with battery fault ....how old is the battery ? How much equipment is on the system ?

Sponsored Links
What is it telling you in the display ?
Fuse/batt fault= faulty battery or blown fuse on PCB
Read the log
Look for things like low volts,fuse/batt fault ?
As Sparky says how old is the battery,common fault is faulty battery

The battery is 6 months old, there are no faults on the display as I stated above the system now is operating as per text book.
Upon repowering the system after my holiday ( it had been off for 10days ) it operated normally, the log tells me there was a rapid number of power power cuts and restores in quick succession and thats when it locked up.
There are 3 zone expanders, 7 movement detectors ( pir and dt ) 5 door contacts 1 pa and 1 relay expander 3 kp's, 1 outdoor sonder 1 int. speaker the system has operated for around six years without problem.

Last edited:
Battery size ?
Probably just a mains spike , may still happen on a new panel, should be ok with the filter on it ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back