Gas Analyser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has any one got any ideas on a good flue gas analyser got two in mind

TPI 712 or
ANTON SPRINT V model

am after an all in one and any advice would be much appreciated as its a big expense cheers all

Sponsored Links
This isn't the gas fitters forum, it's just a thread about it!. You don't see it until Admin has given you access, then it'll appear in the Index. Unfortunately it looks like Admin is taking a while to do that. Email [email protected] and tell him your corgi number or gas-work situation.

Ah, mod's moved it!
Well fwiw I think the best bet at the moment is the Sprint V2, which has more bells and whistles that the V1, though if you're hardly going to use it then the v1 is cheaper. Everyone seems to have the Sprints.
9 out of 10 people coming into "my" ACS centre seem to have them if anything.
I have a Kane 450 which does a low pressure measurements more accurately ( for flues), but otherwise isn't as well done.

Kane 400 is crap don't touch any Kane i have had nothing
but trouble with it and the after sales is terrible :evil:

sry just letting off steam even there sales rep agreed with me in the end with a sorry :oops:

im getting the v2 heard a lot of good reports

KANE ARE CRAP ps if anyone from kane reading this please email me if you want an explanation :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have been using the Kane 425 for just over a year; no problems and quite like it. Nice large display, big buttons.

Niggles;

Leak detector attachment bit flimsy although it is quite accurate
Would like a bluetooth option to download logs onto my PC

My first analyser so no expert on brands but quite like it.

the sprint v2 has annoying problems that could be easily sorted with software changes.

mine seems to have no idea whether it is reading positive or negative pressures and will constantly remind you that it is not happy. if you cancel the warning it will flag it up again within 10 seconds, unbelievably frustrating if you are doing something specific like hi-low modulating bp's as the warning obscures everything else on the screen. FFS it only needs to warn you once :evil:

the same goes for the low battery warning. mine will work for days with one bar on the battery but it will beep constantly to remind you that you are too busy to charge it. ive almost smashed it into small pieces for this :LOL:

the magnet on the back is good as is the range of tests it does. battery life is excellent until it gets low and starts whining like a girl.

thanks for all the replys was looking more to the anton sprint v2 kit as i wanted the hole lot in one go just looks like am going to have to dig deep now cheers again for the info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back