Buying a gas analyser?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a gas analyser, so that I can read flue gas CO2 content? Just a basic, cheapish one is all I'll need. Cheers for any suggestions, John

Sponsored Links
Brigon%20CO2.gif

he wants a fga not an antique you wicked person. understand how to use one of the above and you will never need batteries

thats what i was trained on ;)

and also he wanted a CO2 analyser :LOL:

Sponsored Links
wet kit with a draught gauge,oh those were the days. :LOL: :LOL:

There are no "cheap" FGAs. They are an expensive thing to own. This is a reasonable price for a good instrument.

There are no "cheap" FGAs. They are an expensive thing to own. This is a reasonable price for a good instrument.

Hmmm a bit more expensive than I hoped.....don't suppose you can hire them? Cheers for the reply anyway - much appreciated! John

whats the deal with an acs qualification to use one these days... im due for re-acs soon and have heard that this is a new module. i've been using one since i started and cant see what an acs module would entail.

whats the deal with an acs qualification to use one these days... im due for re-acs soon and have heard that this is a new module. i've been using one since i started and cant see what an acs module would entail.

I think it's kind of there and it isn't at the moment, but I've heard strong rumours that Capita are going to get all excited about FGA exams when they take over

whats the ones called were you have to use them like an egg timer i remember doing my oftec using them dont know if they work on gas.

Hmm, "Capita", didn't they have something to do with the Child Support Agency"? Or have I got mixed up?

Holty, you mean those Fire rite (sp) things, you ancient git? :D

Yes you can hire them, (modern ones!!)but they do save time on servicing.
You only need them really if you're working on boilers which stipulate they're necessary, like Kestons.
Yes there is a Combustion Performance Analysis module, which is almost trivial, apart from the cost. Likely to be over £100 by itself.

FOr advice, and they sell them all, try www.gesuk.com. I've had excellent service from them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back