which analyser??

oilman said:
micky p said:
....................Plus o2 and co2 cells every now and again would be a little extra. .................

Not my information. The sensors are all made by the same company, and they are all a lot more than "a little extra".
yeah thats right but kane charge £180 regardless of what is wrong with it where as £45 for anton cal + a little extra for the cells if required

Sponsored Links
Even changing a fan on a premix burner can alter the combustion characteristics! Had an exact example of this on a WB Greenstar last week. Gas valve changed 6 months ago and everything adjusted to nominal settings. Then the fan failed (!!) and with the new fan the FGA results change and the GV and 'volume control' on the intake both needed a tweak.

A premix boiler should always be checked/reset if the combustion chamber is opened or the gas valve or fan are changed.

The cells used in the Kane are ( intentionally ) different to those in most other FGAs.

Kane will not supply replacement cells as parts only to the UK market.

All FGAs take 30-60 secs to calibrate against the atmospheric oxygen level and I was not aware the Kane took appreciably longer.

I still find them easy to use ( and explain to trainees ) and smart looking. Its just the cost thats the bugbear.

Tony

You need FGA for AGA's and Rayburns. Have to adjust the premix burners to get them within limits and thats on install and service. Its also used to check the internal flueways as normally the cast flue isnt accessable once installed.

Sponsored Links
micky p said:
oilman said:
micky p said:
....................Plus o2 and co2 cells every now and again would be a little extra. .................

Not my information. The sensors are all made by the same company, and they are all a lot more than "a little extra".
yeah thats right but kane charge £180 regardless of what is wrong with it where as £45 for anton cal + a little extra for the cells if required

You may not like a particular firm, I might not like the same or different firms, but your statement is not born out in practice. I have just had mine repaired (needed a new pump), and recalibrated £79 + vat. At least present facts for people to base their decisions on.

Paul Barker said:
Not for installing them.

I always use my telegan for commisioning a new boiler. At the very least the manufacturer requires the following; Fan pressure, inlet standing/working pressure, CO ppm, CO2 %, efficiency, ambient/flue gas temp. I also make a note of the zero pressure, ratio, 02 and xs air. I send this info to the manufacturer and they keep a log for that boiler.

oilman said:
micky p said:
oilman said:
micky p said:

You may not like a particular firm, I might not like the same or different firms, but your statement is not born out in practice. I have just had mine repaired (needed a new pump), and recalibrated £79 + vat. At least present facts for people to base their decisions on.

they must of either ripped me off then or dropped there prices recently. They wanted to lower there prices. i also found the kane 400 a bit numb as i had to press really hard on the buttons to get them to work. I wouldn't have another kane as it needed repairing everytime it went in for Cal. Maybe i overworked the dam thing but i would of thought they were built for the stick we give them.

Yes I found the buttons on my Kane very worrying, many times I thought it was bust alltogether.

Now there is clearly nobody home.

If you gave me one I'd put it on eBay.

Mabe you need the simpler Kane 250 with the rotary switch ?

I dont use mine that much but I do treat it as a delicate precision instrument and not a plumber's tool.

How do you get on with mobile phones with the full querty keyboards or the lastest camcorders?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back