which analyser??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone recomend the new telegan flue gas analyser i have a testo at the mo but needs new cells £300 so thinking of new one

Sponsored Links
I'll be interested in the responses. My Kane 400 was very noisy and clumsy to use and only lived for two years, screen is dead, and I don't feel disposed to have it repaired.

Not sure how to make a living with all this technical equipment to buy callibrate and repair, core drills geting stolen or teeth getting knocked off by enmgineering bricks, membership of more schemes than you can count on one hand, associated training expenses and equipment expenses.

I know I'm always saying this but I really can't see the benefit of this trade comparing it to my firend's roofing business. He has zero of these types of cost zippo. Yet he makes as much contribution to fixed costs and overheads. Our fixed costs and overheads take a far greater proportion of our turnover than any other business, surely.

I think there will be a major skills gap in a few years as we guys change job.

But I am interested in the answers to your question, and ready to throw more of my hard earned cash away.

i had a kane 400 but i was sick of the high cal fees. So i went for the Anton(telegan) sprint 200. £45 to cal every 12 months so that isn't too bad. Plus o2 and co2 cells every now and again would be a little extra. I shopped around the anton seemed the best

Also i have noticed the Sprint 2000 gives an more accurate reading on the CO/Co2 ratio, the kane 400 could read 0.001 where as the sprint 2000 will read 0.0015 in that situation.

I do like the Kane range for appearance and ease of use but the high calibration and cell change cost makes them an expensive option.

GES offer a 10% discount to ARGI members on units they can repair themselves. With a Kane they charge you and extra £5 but lend you another unit while they send your to Kane but get it done a bit quicker ( or maybe Kevin was just being helpful.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I find the acureacy of the manometer more useful than have any need for an analyser. I would strongly consider just buying a seperate manometer and seperate analyser. The analyser would probably collect dust between inspections.

The Kane 400 was too cumbersome and took too long to turn on and off to be any use as a stand alone manometer on the cravan sites.

Of course I have a 12 inch andf a 36 inch guage but the handheld manometers which do both Methane and lpg are less cumbersome than a 36 in guage and you have the required acuracy for setting up gas valves.

Any thoughts?

Do we really need an analyser?

on the topic of digi manometers, i couldnt wait to get one but when doing my ACS last year i asked the teacher (is that what they are?) where i could get one and he said corgi dont approve of them as they require calibration.

and if you ever ended up in court over a gas issue unless it was calibrated that day, then it cant be assumed it was working correctly.

as opposed to the water ones which you obviously calibate yourself by zero-ing it everytime

You could callibrate it yourself daily against a water guage and keep a log, that would keep you out of court. ALso sending it for professional checking as eviudence for court would get you out of trouble.

A local sparky has made up decade boxes and callibrates his own test equipment, keeping a log. As long as you can prove it is callibrated they can't touch you.

You cannot argue with level of water in a tube at sea level as a reference point from which to check your guage. If they try saying otherwise say, then the u guage is useless, so ask them what they suggest we do, pout our thumnb over the end of the pipe to sense pressure?

Those who can do, those who can't teach.

micky p said:
....................Plus o2 and co2 cells every now and again would be a little extra. .................

Not my information. The sensors are all made by the same company, and they are all a lot more than "a little extra".

The testo 330LL retail price £890.00 for the instument, carry case, probe and charger. discount for Argi members

6year O2 cell and 6year 2O cell.

With the new BS 7967 everyone will need one.

Paul, if you do any work on premix boilers then you will need an FGA and a two decimal point digimanometer.

We have to have one to work on the latest boilers for the manufacturers.

Tony

Hi Tony, only if you change the gas valve. The manufacturers don't expect us to check to that degree during commissioning. Worcester don't I was there a fortnight ago asking them. Buderus don't, even though it says so in their manual, they just expect us to check working pressure and away you go.

Yes it is true that later on when these boilers are out of warrantie we may be fittinmg sensitive parts that need this equipment to set them up. Only you guys that are manufacturers service agents have to worry about that right now.

Likewise Vaillant. I've just installed an Ecotec 615 and only needed to gas rate it via the meter to confirm the settings. However an FGA would be required if fitting a new gas valve.

The glow owrm cxi, hxi etc need you to adjust the potentiometer on the board so that the emissions reading is at a certain level at a given fan speed, so you can't commission or change pcb without one.
I use a tpi by the way analyser, manometer and thermometer in one.

You need an FGA for quite a few boilers now Most of the Alpha range for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back