Gas appliances that actually need servicing.

Sponsored Links
The Gas regulations are law. If they stated 'when or if' you got your gas appliance serviced then you would HAVE to.

I haven`t serviced my back boiler for three years, aren`t I a Cad, I don`t have to, most people don`t bother, Mr. Righteous, the law says that you have to pay car tax every year, Guess what...SOME PEOPLE DON`T. :eek: :eek: I KNOW... I DIDN`T BELIEVE THEM EITHER :!:

So what you're saying then is that I'm right. Cheers ;)

Oh stop making it sound dangerous . fek open flued appliances every year. YEAH
Why because they take dust fluff etc from the room into the burner and possibilty of flues getting blocked

Room sealed other than water leak rotting through the case or designer fault nothing is going to kill you.
Did not touch my R/S in for 16 years and goD those 2 leaves and 3 spiders could hve killed me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Turn down thousands of pounds of work every year. balanced flue working ok ... YEAH . ok leave till it goes wrong

Sponsored Links
Ive never known anyone get a cooker serviced.

Yeh me too, which is why I came to ask, what I thought would be a standard discussion has turned into quite a heated discussion with a few abusive comments.

Oh stop making it sound dangerous . fek open flued appliances every year. YEAH
Why because they take dust fluff etc from the room into the burner and possibilty of flues getting blocked

Room sealed other than water leak rotting through the case or designer fault nothing is going to kill you.
Did not touch my R/S in for 16 years and goD those 2 leaves and 3 spiders could hve killed me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Turn down thousands of pounds of work every year. balanced flue working ok ... YEAH . ok leave till it goes wrong

Did I say they shouldn't be serviced annually? No I didn't. What I was pointing out that the REGULATIONS (i.e. the law) don't specify if and when you do.

The Gas regulations are law. If they stated 'when or if' you got your gas appliance serviced then you would HAVE to.

fourtunately thats not what they say.

unless you are a landlord

Not even if your a landlord. A Gas safety check is all thats required. Servicing is not included in this. It all depends what you call servicing? Many defects would be picked up by the landlords check (flue/vent etc) but other checks wouldn't be done on any gas appliances.

Not even if your a landlord. A Gas safety check is all thats required. Servicing is not included in this. It all depends what you call servicing? Many defects would be picked up by the landlords check (flue/vent etc) but other checks wouldn't be done on any gas appliances.

Not strictly correct. Reg 36 requires that landlords ensure that gas appliances are maintained in a safe condition, annual safety checks are carried out and records kept and issued to tenants. In my book "maintained in a safe condition" = service.

If anything went t*ts up I'm sure the courts would ask for copies of maintenance/service records as well as the CP12.

A high percentage of the population who think their appliances are being "serviced" annually are in fact only having a cursory safety check done by BG.

I have never had any feedback on BG and gas fires. Do BG do at least a spillage test on a gasfire? Or do they remove it every time to check for dead birds behind?

Tony

BG are the same as everyone else should be in servicing fires , completly removed and catchment cleaned ,chimney checked for obstructions /dampers etc, bombed and spillage done.

But with some of the replies that have been on here in the past it anmazing how many people don`t know how to do a basic smoke bomb test or a spillage test.

As for cooker servicing we used to have quite a few on contract . used to tell customers to cancel it and dont waste there money

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back