gas central heating timer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can some one enlighten me my timer from which both the heating and hot water are controled seems to have stopped working its a danfoss electronic one with the lcd display i have preesed the reset button but nothing,its on a gravity system wether that means anything,what else should i try? thanks

Sponsored Links
Which model Danfoss?

Is the LCD display working, i.e you can read it and make changes?

Have you checked the fuses? The heating system should be connected via a fused spur or a 3 pin plug and socket.

i have tried the fuse which is next to the boiler,no signs of life the danfoss is with lcd screen which is dead theres nothing there so you cannot make changes its the basic one with buttons for heating on one side and water on other

clock faulty, get it replaced, sometime behind the clock could be a reset button

Sponsored Links
the reset button is infront so i can press that but as i say no life so i have to change timer you all reckon

cheers bolton whats the best way of checking powers going in?

use a multimeter or some device that tells you power is going in. or get someone who knows what his doing before you do something unsafe

cheers bolton i got a multi meter which wires do i need to check .dont worry i never attempt anything if im not sure about it

have you taken the clock of the wall yet. at the back of the clock it will tell you what wires are what, for testing purpose you could make it work, find out by taking clock off

ok guys i have now replaced my programmer(dansoff fp 715 si)the programmer now comes on but the boiler does not fire up have noticed as soon as the programmer has been on a minute a fuse blows upstairs in airing cupboard here the programmer,thermostat.pump are all wired its a 2amp fuse,the boiler is a ideal icos he18 on the boiler there is the number 0 on display but the burner LED is off any ideas gentlemen
thanks for your time

which programmer have you replaced it with, give me the model of old one and new one

hi bolton i have done a like for like i took off the fp715si and replaced with the same,bit baffled

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back