Gas certificates in Scotland

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new kitchen fitted with a new gas hob. My joiner organised the Gas Fitter to fit the hob.

Should have I received some sort of certificate for the gas work?
I live in Edinburgh so I wasn't sure if the regs where the sane here as in England and Wales.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Sponsored Links
I would imagine there are different regs for scotland yes. For example now in England we have to conform to energy efficiency regs and fit condensing boilers however it is still legal to install standard efficiency boilers in Scotland. However, if the gas man was kitchen fitters mate check he piped the hob up in a solid copper supply and not a flexible hose.

Yes there is a fixed copper pipe. I just thought that given that you need to used an approved Corgi fitter they would need to supply a certificate to guarantee the works or something?

In England yes it is required that the installation is registered with building control. But im afraid i can't say for certain if this is the case in Scotland. But if he has done he job in copper i would presume hes not a cowboy.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I'll be seeing my joiner later today so I think I will just confirm with him that his mate is a Corgi. I wasn not there when the work was done but it certainly seems to all be in order.

The scottish parliment threw out the request from corgi regards cetification. So no you don`t need one

So in Scotland do you not need to register a new boiler install with corgi either?

Just wandering as i was thinking of changing mine, (im registered) but through a company, so dont have my own ID, and under the impression from my boss Im not allowed to use the buisness ID for my own stuff.

Oh yea, And as far as Im aware, Even in scotland, you must leave paperwork if youve worked on a gas appliance.

Not neccessaraly a certificate etc, but some kind of paperwork regarding saftey checks he did, tightness testing, working pressure etc.

very interested to know if u need to register a boiler in scotland tho?

You have to have it notified under Gas Work notification as it is a new appliance. The rule applies in Scotland as CORGI made it part of there rules of registration to get round the Scottish Parliment I'm afraid.
When its notified they will send you a certificate of compliance absolving them off any responsibility so the onus is on the installer to get it right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back