Gas cooker hob

Fek and there was me thinking people pay around £90 a week rent to live in HA houses didn`t realise they where free.
Agile and Legion you are a pair of pr~cks small ones at that

Sponsored Links
many thousands of good, hard working honest people choose to live in social housing and many pay more in rent than they would in private housing, it is their choice so it is not right to make sweeping statements about them being poor or chavs etc, the lady who bought then changed then passed on her cooker was simply doing what she chose to, if she lived in a private house and passed her old cooker on for £50 would you be saying how great she was for helping the great unwashed,
my mum and dad brought me up in a council house and nobody on here will ever have been in a cleaner/tidier house in your life.

There might be a difference between people that used to live in social housing 30 years ago, and those you find there today.

I would say that there has been a teriffic change!

Whilst I only see a smaller selection of people in social housing in London, there seem to be no more "respectable working class", presumably they have all bought their own properties under the right to buy.

Instead, I see a very high proportion of assylum seekers ( mostly Somalis and Afghanistanis ) and young single mothers. I hear of, but dont see, that in some of the less pleasant tower blocks there are alcoholics and drug addicts.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just confirms what rest of country has always thought that London is **** .

Good job rest of the country is not the same

Whilst I only see a smaller selection of people in social housing in London, there seem to be no more "respectable working class", presumably they have all bought their own properties under the right to buy.

Instead, I see a very high proportion of assylum seekers ( mostly Somalis and Afghanistanis ) and young single mothers. I hear of, but dont see, that in some of the less pleasant tower blocks there are alcoholics and drug addicts.

View media item 13780

The fact of the matter is that there are some good people living in corpy houses, and some pure sh***e. Unfortunately the good has declined and the sh***e has risen over the last twenty or thirty years, in common with just about all of the other 'established' standards of this country. As anyone of middle age must have seen with their own eyes.

try get a council house or HA down here.wish i could. my parents both seperated, live in HA places yet they owned a large firm that proberbly gave more tax in a year than most earn.we had a big house with sauna and swimming pool in the back garden.yet now they live in a HA house. they must be down and outs :rolleyes: .get real people,those who live in HA are people who, like the rest of us need somewere to live.some who have posted on here have small minds.

If someones house and how they live is used to judge them then Doctors ,nurses and teachers are the scum of the earth as they tend to have the filthiest scummy houses you have ever been in.
Cup of tea ,no thanks i have just had one. Oh the dust sheet is not to protect your stuff its to stop me getting dirty and keeps the fleas under it

After an evening watching Sky 327/328/329 perhaps I should expand on just one of the single mothers I met in an HA flat provided by a private landlord.

She was about 18 with a 2 y.o. daughter.

Her mother was about 36 ! Both of them were dressed and manicured like the actresses on those Sky channels. They both looked fantastic! Each had their own HA flat !

They are the THIRD generation of single mothers who had NEVER worked and live a life of luxury pampering themselves and going out late.

The gas cooker I was fitting had no electronic ignition on the oven and the 18 y.o. was VERY annoyed and ranting that the landlord was going to have to change it !

Thats someone who is a third generation of never worked who live off the State and that disappoints me.

Tony

Whether it is the majority of social housing tenants that are no good to anyone, or just a lot does not really matter; there are too many of them. Social housing is meant for those that live here and need a bit of help. It was never meant as a way for parents to get rid of their kids by teaching them to get themselves knocked up and get a secure income and housing for life that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back