GAS DOUBLE OVEN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is already on here somewhere and further apologies if it should be in the Plumbing and Heating section [where the CORGIs live!!]

I am looking at purchasing a gas double over which will be fitted in a kitchen unit [built-in]

The site already has a bayonet fitting for a gas hose where our old gas cooker stood.

I have read a few comments on here that a built-in gas oven MUST be hard-wired [well hard-plumbed anyhow] and cannot be installed using a cooker hose.

Problem is the MIs for many of them advertise a fitting kit which, basically, is a bayonet fitting hose.

So can someone please tell me the definitive answer - can a built-in gas oven be connected using a hose or must it be 'hard-wired'??

By the way, I'm not thinking of doing it myself but there is no point building the units leaving a space for the connection via hose if a CORGI is going to need to have better access to 'hard-wire' the connection.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back