gas drops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello. can anyone explain why a 4mb gas drop and even 8 mb gas drop on e6 meters are acceptable. surely an 8 mb drop with a cooker connected cant be good!!!!!is there anyone out there who has a zero drops policy?? thanks

Sponsored Links
Apparently it is to do with the volume of the gas meter or something. I don't know exactly but I'm sure someone such as ChrisR can tell you.

These figures are only acceptable if there is no smell of gas and appliances are connected.

I personally wouldn't accept anything greater than around 1.5mbar drop.

If it is on the gas carcass, then no drop is allowed, apart from the perceptible loss, or what ever they call it these days (0.25mBar)

cheers. ive been using 2mb as max drop too myself and was told off for capping of appilances at 6mb drop e6 meter by my boss who was a corgi inspector!!!!!!!thanks

Experience will tell you the permissable drop is very hard to even get a smell from in the majority of cases ,and will never come anywhere near ignition levels . And the original question is answered in the corgi book quite a basic question. Reason guy told you off is because you obviously did not understand the regs so don`t exclamation mark him

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back