acs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
doing my acs next week so revising hard. just would like some pointer. i understand they simulate gas leak so i want to be 100 percent on method of tracing it, permissiable drops etc.

i have a g4 meter, boiler and gas cooker connected. u gauge reads 4 mb drop over 2 mins. do the following--

1/ cap meter off and test its soundeness --no drop
2/isolate boiler and then cooker--no drop, r
3/reconnect cooker drop of 4 mb recorded but as appliance is connected the 4 mb drop is permissiable? correct? just worried about that because 4 mb drop g4 or 8 mb drop on e6 with a cooker connected sounds like an awful lot of gas coming out but if the corgi reg say thats permissiable then thats ok i guess. i know alot of that lads retraining from my regiment are bit worried about that one. just like confirmation on that one please

Sponsored Links
correct if there is no smell of gas.

If there is a smell of gas no tollerance.

In the real world

renew gas cock grease in cooker controls and check little nuts on small gaspipe atvariousplaces particularly to high ;level grill.

You won't have to do that in an acs centre

When checking with appliances connected you are expected to lift cooker lid.

correct if there is no smell of gas.

If there is a smell of gas no tollerance.

In the real world

renew gas cock grease in cooker controls and check little nuts on small gaspipe atvariousplaces particularly to high ;level grill.

You won't have to do that in an acs centre

When checking with appliances connected you are expected to lift cooker lid.

I've seen/heard of loads of people fail for not lifting the cooker lift. Very simple thing to miss but very important.

Indeed, i checked my ckr lid was up before i started first thing i did, completed tightness test purge etc and found to my horror lid was down, i know examiner closed it when i had my guage on meter, explained to him i will need to do test again, he agreed and later told me i would've failed if i didnt suss it.

It's no walk in the park, the hardest thing is not to think too hard and dont let the nerves get to you.

Sponsored Links
Indeed, i checked my ckr lid was up before i started first thing i did, completed tightness test purge etc and found to my horror lid was down, i know examiner closed it when i had my guage on meter, explained to him i will need to do test again, he agreed and later told me i would've failed if i didnt suss it.

It's no walk in the park, the hardest thing is not to think too hard and dont let the nerves get to you.

Whilst it might seem a little harsh, the examiner was only checking to see if you know whats going on!

Of course I might have expected you to have noticed what he was doing but I expect that he is very careful to close it when you are not looking!

Tony

My assessor was sneaking about like a creeping jesus. Turned the room stat down on the mexico i was servicing without my noticing! Thought I was going mad!

My assessor was sneaking about like a creeping jesus. Turned the room stat down on the mexico i was servicing without my noticing! Thought I was going mad!

Ha, just think what their poor wives go through. :D

I wonder if ChrisR does that sort of thing when he is assessing?

The pay is not that great so perhaps they do it as a sort of sweetener to add a little amusement to their dull lives?

Tony

off the top of my head i wouldn't know what a G4 mtr was.

i Know a U6 & could obviously recognise a comparable positive displacement meter.

did you know that a 250cuft/hr pd meter was developed at about the same time as the 212(6m/hr) U6 (& it was a little smaller as i recall) but didn't take off for some reason.

back to the OP's original statement, 4mb drop over two minutes is just on the maximum so with appliances connected no need to disconnect and test, but i would record drop and pass responsibility back to owner to decide whether they want anything done about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back