Gas fire .......... Coal effect & all that

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way of bunging up the flue when its not being used ?

Ta don't half feel a draught when ya foots are next to it :confused:

Ok I stuff a wodge of newspaper up there at the mo ....... Was wondering if there was a more eloquent solution

Sponsored Links
Not a good idea to block flue. Check if there's a wind proof terminal fitted if not you can get one.

I understand the inherent risks with this approach, my lil wodge is wrapped with string & has a lil Pendant hanging down so ya know its there :eek:

What does a wind proof terminal look like ........ Mine has a little lid on the top of the chimney pot, with holes on the sides ........... A kind of drop on thingumi

Anyways its ffffffffffreakin taters in here :confused:

Sponsored Links
one i ain't no amateur and two i don't do dramatics

i deck people and i don't take crap

you have been warned dickhead

yeah block the flue no probs cos you obviously know better

so kill yoursen and your family :rolleyes:

DOYLE

never found one yet that did the job

What prevent downdraught affecting flue perfomance or flue blockers from getting their feet cold.

kevplumb said:
one i ain't no amateur and two i don't do dramatics

i deck people and i don't take rubbish

you have been warned d******d

yeah block the flue no probs cos you obviously know better

so kill yoursen and your family :rolleyes:

DOYLE

Should we will consider your dummy well & truly spat then :rolleyes:

kevplumb said:
consider what you like bonny lad i am not gonna advise some half soaked pratt how to kill therself and their family :rolleyes:

i sleep at night :idea:

Here ya go
oscarcolorphotosmlui6.jpg

Happy :LOL:

Simple you know flue is blocked, but will you always be in the house when someone may turn the fire on,, stupidity is not an excuse for manslaughter

Little lid on top with holes on the sides, is it me or does that sound like one of the vent caps when a chimney is unused put on usually by builders and has do not use on gas appliances on top?

Hows it goin' Kev

Just read the bit about his terminal.. This has got to be a wind up , blocking flue and has a stopper(pepper) pot terminal to boot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back