Gas Fire - Kendal Flame Model k8187

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We live in a "new-build" house, that was constructed about four years ago. In the lounge there is a Kendal Flame (Model k8187) gas fire that has a flue (or so I believe).

We would like to replace the fire for something more in line with our tastes but do not have a manual or anything for it to check the dimensions etc. to get an idea of what is out there etc. before contacting the village gas safe engineer.

I have searched on line to no avail, it looks a lot like the Valour ones (and other brand names that I have found), but I can not be sure.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

R.

Sponsored Links
Contact the guy first he will tell you what fires you can have after he sees what sort of chimney you have

Can you see a number on the bottom (perhaps somehwere near the ignitor button!!) which starts with GC.

If so, post on here.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - on the "plate" on the front of the fire it states:

S/N GB8187100919
Pin No. 046BN0673
AP Cat BAS
Gas Type/Cat G20/I2H
Gas Pressure 20mB
Heat Input Gross 6.8kW

CE 0086 02
PR 0495

The latter two are not on the "plate" but near to the ignition switch. Is that any use?

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back