Gas Fire might be leaking gas PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I sensed a mild gas smell near my gas fire place; but my wife did not smell anything. I don't know whether its a mild gas leak or something else. I kept an eye on the gas meter, i did notice a slight move on the number when I checked after 2 hours. is it normal for the last digit on the gas meter to move even if no gas appliances / boiler are not switched on.

Sponsored Links
PHONE 0800111999 NOW THERE IS NO CHARGE PHONE NOW THEY WILL COME OUT NOW SO DO IT NOW,good luck 0800111999 NOW

Sponsored Links
have you rang them yet

most of the escapes i've seen have been from the fire

If you smell gas, do not turn you computer on and post questions to a forum asking what to do.

It might be too LATE :!: :!: :(

Thank you guys for ur help.

Its been sorted. Previous owners in the house did not bloody bother before the emptied the house. got the plumber in and its finally been resolved.

Once again thank you for all your help.

IF IN ANY DOUBT RING TRANSCO. 0800 111 999

There is no charge for this service, better to be safe than sorry.

I had a similar thing with my gas fire. One day i could smell a bit og gas when near the fire (turned off) so i shut off the gas and called Transco out. Guy got his detector out and couldnt find a leak. Then he smelled the gas so tried again with the detector. Still no sign of the leak. He said cant find the leak but there must be one somewhere so he capped us off at the meter. Cost me about 80 quid to get a gas man out to get the gas back on. We dont use the fire so just had it cut off from the gas supply. Its not very good at night in the cold when you have your gas main capped off. Took two days to get someone out to put gas back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back