Gas Fire

O

oompah

I have a gas fire to take out what are the regs pertaining to this,it has a tap to it to isolate the supply,am i allowed to disconnect it after turning off the supply or is there a cert to be supplied for capping off the tap/supply.

Sponsored Links
If you are charging for this work or if it is not your own then it must be disconnected, capped off and a tightness test carried out by a Gas Safe enngineer...

Definitely not charging its my own, i thought there would be a test of some sort to be carried out ,off to see the local gas engineer to organise it, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, you still have to cap it and test it, but you don't have to be an RGI, but you do have to prove yourself to be competent. If you ask how to prove that you are competent, then this post will run for many pages..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back