gas flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
i am desperate for some advice on what may be a dangerous situation. The workshop next to my house is being converted into a house. Their back wall is like our boundary wall so their frontage is facing east and our frontage is facing south. I came home today to see that they have started to put a gas flue into the back wall of their building which faces onto our side wall diagonally opposite a window to our lounge and also diagonally opposite (but closer) to my daughter's bedroom window. Our flue is the other side of my daughter's window pointing away from the house. The gap between the two houses is just over a metre and the diagonal distance from my daughter's bedroom is also just over a metre approx. So if my daughter had her window open she has our flue which is on the right hand side of her window pointing out and the new neighbour's flue pointing straight at our house about a metre away and at the same height as the bedroom. The small tunnel like space between the house will surely fill up with fumes and I am desperately worried. What are the regulations?
I would appreciate any help at all. Thank you

Sponsored Links
You are an angel for replying but I think I have been panicking for nothing. Just had email from the builder saying it's not going to be a flue but is for ventilation. Doesn't look like ventilation though as it's circular. I hope he's telling the truth.
BUT I was really worried and the very fact you took the trouble to answer me was amazing and so brilliant that you give up your time for sillies like me.
Take care and HUGE THANK YOU.

If he is telling porkies and its a flue causing a nuisance you can complain to gas safe and they will make them alter it!

Sponsored Links
Some heat recovery fan vents look very much like flues. And in general its very common to have circular vents these days.

as above, if he's misleading you let Gas safe know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back