Gas Hob Connection - Kitchen Refit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to start tearing out the current kitchen and fitting new cabinets. Part of the remodel involves moving the 5 burner hob along the worktop about 800 mm.

My question is, would a typical gas fitter be happy if I were to complete all the pipework and termination to the hob, leaving the new pipework within a simple elbow connection of the existing supply.
Meaning all they'd need to do would be isolate supply, and cut into existing pipe work, connecting my end in, then pressure test. And of course - sign off on the installation and issue the much needed cert.

I'm not of course suggesting I'd complete the work, as I do value the safety that a professional brings, but last time I had the hob line moved 6 inches (changed the hob itself) it took the supposed pro 2 hours and more flared pipe ends and solder joints than I could count! So I figure basic pipework running in and fixing I can handle.

Lastly, are any flexible fittings permitted for gas use - not that I need to use one in this instance, but I was curious.

Sponsored Links
No... The gas pipe must be done by a CORGI

Flexibles may be used to connect the hob where the hob manufacturer allows in its installation instructions AND where the flexible will not come into contact wit a surface that exceeds 70c... In short if there is an oven below the hob, then the answer is No even if the mfr says that you can..Use copper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back