Gas hob faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I have a new gas hob which I am having problems with, the jets or burners are very low and are obviously not working efficiently?

My first assumption was an airlock so I left them on for ages hoping any air in the system would eventually pass through, not a chance boiling an egg could take me 4 hours??

As I was getting my boiler serviced I asked the engineer to test the pressure at the meter which he did, and it was fine.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this, I know I will have to get a corgi guy in because the guarantee has probably run out, any information or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If it is a new hob, it should be under guarantee for 12 months.

Obviously something wrong with the way the hob is connected, because there is insufficient gas getting to it. Is it connected with a flexible tube?
Is there a tap in line, which is not fully turned on/

Are the correct jets are fitted?

Some are supplied with sets of jets for natural gas or LPG.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back