Gas leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had some plumbers around to cut off the gas supply to the gas heater in the living room. They cut the supply under the stairs near the main, we now have a gas smell under the stairs could this be a leak or just the smell of the now open old pipe.

Sponsored Links
If they were CORGI registered then call them back.

You can call Transco 0800 111999 and they will come free but if there is a leak they will cap off the gas supply until its repaired.

All unused gas pipes should be closed off at any open ends.

Tony

I am in the Netherlands, so they have the dutch equivelent of CORGI. However I am a little surprised as they have also left a slow leak in a hot waterpipe and a dripping radiator valve!

We've turned the gas of at the main (luckily we aren't living in the house yet) and will call them back.

Thanks for the information

I am in the Netherlands, so they have the dutch equivelent of CORGI. However I am a little surprised as they have also left a slow leak in a hot waterpipe and a dripping radiator valve!

We've turned the gas of at the main (luckily we aren't living in the house yet) and will call them back.

Thanks for the information
if you suspect a gas leak simply turning off the supply is not adequate, you must call someone out to check everything, have you fully shut off the supply? is the valve working properly? probably yes and yes but you must get this confirmed,

Sponsored Links
One wonders why the Dutch equivalent of CORGI were fiddling with a hot water pipe and a radiator valve if they were capping off a gas pipe.

I recently enjoyed four flights on KLM but it did make me wonder about a couple of things.

Why do they insist on speaking their own language which no one else understands when they all speak very fluent English? That was a real pain on the plane!

Why do they have three different words to describe their country?

Holland
Netherlands
Dutch

Tony

Why do they have three different words to describe their country?

Holland
Netherlands
Dutch

Tony
for the same reason we have

england, britian, united kingdom!!!

holland is part of the netherlands which consist of north(noord) and south (zuid). dutch is the description of the people and not really of the country :LOL:

I would think the main reason they were talking Dutch was so you wouldn`t understand that they were laughing at your cricket team. :p

I flew with KLM 2 years ago from London City airport to Amsterdam and the announcements were both in Dutch and English. Great city too :LOL:

When even the old lady beside me on KLM spoke totally perfect English I can see no reason for them to bother at all with speaking in Dutch.

She was quite astute as well because when I got up past her without disturbing her she said "I can see that you are Agile!

How did she know that?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back