gas meter contract

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, first time post i have been offered interview at carillon plc, ref gas meter exchange work london, does anyone have any experience in this line of work. Does it involve soldering, re-routing pipework, also is it worth commuting from manchester and staying in digs, dont want to burn my bridges in manchester and losing my local work. approx how many meters can be fitted per day p.s. is andytheplumber still doing gas meters.

thanks neil : :p

Sponsored Links
Growth industry very likely NG are about to drop meter installs altogether this year due to an ageing work force and matching work levels to manpower to save taking people on and training them.

Yes it will involve soldering and a little bit of pipework alteration.
With good planning its not hard to do well over 20 a day with sh@te planning and awkward positions it could drop to 10

No im not. Im back on Boiler upgrades and convert to fully pumped. It depends on your post codes. If your in the city. Dont bother, no parking If your outer london in a residential area and the jobs are boocked in cushey.

Most blokes in london only average between 7 to 12 a day, if your lucky. The 20 a day is bolocks

Sponsored Links
The planners opperate up north, so aint got a clue about postcodes in london. And basical dont give a **** .

I have been on some post codes where i had 5 in one road and 6 in another just around the corner, these jobs are what you want

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back