Gas Pipe Repair

A wiped joint was made with Grade D leaded solder over a tinned pipe. Not runs everywhere lead free stuff.

Sponsored Links
A wiped joint was made with Grade D leaded solder over a tinned pipe. Not runs everywhere lead free stuff.
He probably had none on the van.
The repair would have looked much neater even using lead solder.
I still carry my shave hook. Black, Tampins and cloths for such emergencies! o_O

Totally wrong way to repair copper pipe and needs doing correctly.....But...
It was common to wipe a patch on lead pipes years ago.
What makes you think it might "Fall off" ??
i dont think it might fall off, I know it can , I have seen it happen, wiping a patch on Lead pipes is not the same thing

Sponsored Links
I don't think that gas pipe should even be where it is! For you to be able to puncture it with a picture hook and no signs of any sleeving or vent to atmosphere! Need to see more pics of situ but it's raised a question in my mind!

Im sure you're not allowed to run pipes behind plasterboard it's IMHO the same as running in a cavity
wall and we all know how dangerous that is.Bob

I don't think that gas pipe should even be where it is! For you to be able to puncture it with a picture hook and no signs of any sleeving or vent to atmosphere! Need to see more pics of situ but it's raised a question in my mind!

From memory... it should be enclosed in a continuous bead of adhesive.

Actually... it doesn't even look like a stud wall! Photo looks more like thermalite block.

Can't believe he would do that. To fix it properly wouldn't take much more effort.

Name and shame the installer. He might be registered on here !!

At least tell us if he was an old guy.. in which case he has an excuse. They did things like this in the old days

Can we decide what constitutes old?:LOL:

I think he should have spent another 2 minutes, and put a slip coupler on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back