Gas powered Bain-Maria playing up (very dangerous fire!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings!
I have just bough a brand new Bain-maria

There appears to be some kind of leak or something is very wrong as when I ig-night the burner there is fire coming out of the vents and the temperature dial gauge too (very dangerous indeed!)

I have uploaded a video to youtube of it. Please see hear

I have contacted the company and they will come back to me when they have an answer. But in the mean time and ideas please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Stop messing with things you obviously haven't a clue about before
You blow your self up
what do you mean stop messing! I have bought and paid for this to do a job; it is not a game nor a toy!

Sponsored Links
The bottle regulator, if it is a bottle pressure regulator - is not one I recognise.
I found the bottle with regulator on it in a clear out so I know nothing about it; maybe it dose not have a regulator on it and to much gas coming out. I do however have another bottle in storage

anyway I have had another look at the unit and its says "fuel type
G30, G31, G20" if that helps any of the help full people on hear

Maybe if you did the shot in daylight we'd be able to see what you're doing
First question must be Where is the gas regulator ?

The bottle regulator, if it is a bottle pressure regulator - is not one I recognise.
maybe it dose not have a regulator on it and to much gas coming out.
There is no regulator - the pipe is connected directly to the bottle valve:
Screenshot_20230305-011907_YouTube.jpg

The cylinder is probably providing around 1.5 bar to an appliance with a maximum rated pressure of 37mbar.

what do you mean stop messing! I have bought and paid for this to do a job; it is not a game nor a toy!
It is very definitely not a toy, that's why we are suggesting, for your own safety (and if you are using it for catering, that of your customers), stop messing with an appliance you don't understand.

...also, the connections on that hose look corroded, is there any cracking on the hose? Has the hose BS3212 markings? Is it under two years old?
Have you had gas safety training?
Do you have a risk assessment for its use?

Attached is some guidance for external caterers, it may not be relevant for you, but it should give you some food for thought...

Attachments

• swbb-gassafetyoutsidecatering.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
anyway I have had another look at the unit and its says "fuel type
G30, G31, G20" if that helps any of the help full people on hear
That just explains what different types of gas can be connected to it, natural gas and lpg. I haven’t seen the video but if you think something is dangerous to use then any advice would be to stop using it immediately, especially when it comes to gas. Think of the safety of the general public and yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back