gas questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys, im just currently doing my nvq3 gas training and thought i could tap into a few of you guys knowledge !!

first of i was wondering how you work out your room volume for whether you need purpose ventilation etc...

and on gas fires you dont need ventilation if below 7kw ?! and whats the distance you got to have for a wall hung fire from the surface below say carpet or anything like that ?!

cheers guys, much help
ps im sure they'll be a few more in the future !!

Sponsored Links
hey guys, im just currently doing my nvq3 gas training and thought i could tap into a few of you guys knowledge !!

first of i was wondering how you work out your room volume for whether you need purpose ventilation etc...

and on gas fires you dont need ventilation if below 7kw ?! and whats the distance you got to have for a wall hung fire from the surface below say carpet or anything like that ?!

cheers guys, much help

I should think that if you are really doing ths course, the answer is there, but I don`t think that you are.. ;)

most common mistake made..
If its under 7kw NO vent req, WRONG its whatever it says in the manufacturers instructions .There is DGF`s out there under 7kw and these req 100cm vents.

Carpets are also in MI, the distance used to be 9 inches from top of burner

Sponsored Links
To work out the room volume seal all openings with waterproof tape and fill with water. Siphon out into 1l bottles and count the number of bottles. Alternatively fill from bottles and count how many are used.

you could just use a tape measure but that is probably a bit too obvious.

To work out the room volume seal all openings with waterproof tape and fill with water.

Might be handy to move three piece suite, telly, curtains , carpets, windows and wallpaper before employing this option. Are you insured... :?:

Might be handy to move three piece suite, telly, curtains , carpets, windows and wallpaper before employing this option. Are you insured... :?:

Leave any gold jewellery in though - you can use this test to confirm whether it's really gold or not ;)

Leave any gold jewellery in though - you can use this test to confirm whether it's really gold or not ;)

I can see you have class. Was your name Muppet?

LENGTH X WIDTH X HEIGHT of Room Shall Give you Room Volume;

Like Someone mentioned, MIs stipulate ventilation requirements; on O/Flues, unless MIs state other, you count at 5cm per kW above 7kW, PM me for more info, that might sound confusing!

cheers guys, much help

oh my god im only learning and you lot take the ****. everyones got to learn, when you dont know something you dont expect others to just take the mick, but give a hand, thanks

:LOL: You'll need to learn to develop a thicker skin as well mate... Chin up... :D

I think you opened yourself up when you asked how to measure the volume of a room.

so in other words i found out that

room volume = length x height x width = room volume
9 inchs to top of burner is good estimate but always go along with manufacturer
thanks guys !!!!!!!!!1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back