Gas related cooker problem - maybe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although on the wrong forum, I wondered if any of you gas guys can help.
Yesterday my wife cleaned the oven without covering the burner assembly. When finished the ignitor was constantly firing and it also brought my attention to some yellow flames.
I removed the burner guard and it appeared that she haddened spilled anything on it but I cleaned it and piined a couple of jets that may have had some residue.
The sparking has now rectified itself but although the flames across the burner are all nice and blue, where the flame surrounds the ignitor it then turns yellow. To a certain degree the same thing happens at the other end aound the phial but isn't so obvious.
I am happy that the gas it burning properly but need reassurance re. the yellow flame around the ignitor.
Can anyone please help, thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you have any yellow flame then the gas definitely isn't burning properly. No idea what cooker you have, so can't advise you further. Either way the burner will probably have to come out and cleaned etc and that is a job for someone qualified for cooker work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back