Geberit 230 240 flush seal leaking into pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm posting this a a solved problem for anybody searching for a fix for the bubbles on the seal issue specifically for a geberit 230 or 240 flush mechanism.

I found loads of info about the bubbles on the rubber seal on Geberit flushes causing the constant dribble of water into the pan but had great trouble finding out how to remove my 230 mechanism. Then I saw that it looked the same as the 240 which I guess superseded it.

To remove the flush mech, once you've isolated the water supply to the cistern & flushed, twist the body of the flush mech slightly anti-clockwise & pull up. It should lift easily ie without too much force.

The seal comes off the plunger easily, I found mine had several bubbles that I popped with a sharp knife as explained in other posts which solved my problem completely.

Refitting is the reverse of the above. Hope this works for you.

Sponsored Links
Great stuff, not having any knowledge of these things I'd struggled to find that info!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back