Geberit type 260 flush valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does a Geberit type 260 flush valve release the same as a type 290 i.e twist anticlockwise and lift ? The installer left instructions for a type 290 and they look a little different and I don't want to break it! Where can I get instructions for a type 260? The Geberit website is no use at all and they haven't answered my query.

I've got trouble with water trickling into the toilet pan and I suspect the silicon washer.

Thanks.
Alan

Sponsored Links
I think you find that there is either calcium build up or the silcone wahser has developed 'air pockets'. I would turn the water off to the cistern untwist off the valve and pull off the silci=one washer on the bottom check/clean/replace and refit to see if it fixes the issue

Thanks armouredsmiler, I did exactly as you suggest. Yes, washer had developed 'air pockets'. I had already ordered a new washer which I fitted and problem has gone away (that was back in June). I cleaned up the old washer and 'pricked' the air pockets to keep for next time. I also marked the top of the valve with locked and release positions for next time which is definitely worth doing as they are a bit fiddly to find.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back