Generator keeps tripping (DC)

Although at first glance the 4 Lidi chargers look very similar they are clearly not the same.
Clearly not:mrgreen:

I've just double checked mine, I have 4 (2 of each ULDG 5.0 A1 & B1).

From Powered down, clipping on a battery and powering up. One of the B1's remembers the car setting, the other 3 don't and a double button push is required.

So even differences within the same model number... (I purchased as a couple at a time and would have at least expected them to work the same).

I obviously use these without thinking and typically load 4 batteries in the car, use them and then restack/reconnect chargers at home with regularity. I leave the batteries permanently on charge so they are always ready for use.

Sponsored Links
I think two of my 3.8 amp models work different, but not sure, I noted with a small battery it was alternating between 0.1 and off with one unit, but not seen it do it with the other. For larger batteries unlikely to reach that stage anyway.

But if you need to start the generator then pushing a button should not be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back