Gentlemen a warning ......

That doesn't make sense.
You would have to know in advance when the lights were going to change.

Rubbish.
Is there a minimum speed for crossing junctions?
Didn't you query it?

Maybe they saw you coming.

It was Amber as I went through ....that was my error and I'm guilty as charged, I was exiting the junction when it went red or it might be more accurate to say it went red when I was half way across I don't know I couldn't see it ........The cameras give an Amber time and a red time.
When I rang the police they said if the vehicle is in the crossing when the lights go red it's an offence.

Don't go through the lights at Amber ........

Sponsored Links
It was Amber as I went through ....that was my error and I'm guilty as charged, I was exiting the junction when it went red or it might be more accurate to say it went red when I was half way across I don't know I couldn't see it ........The cameras give an Amber time and a red time.
When I rang the police they said if the vehicle is in the crossing when the lights go red it's an offence.

It's still confusing as to what type of junction it was that you were in...

As I said there are different rules that apply to different junctions, and 'authority' doesn't always get it right!

Sponsored Links
It was Amber as I went through ....that was my error and I'm guilty as charged,
That may be fair enough but you wouldn't be done for it.

I was exiting the junction when it went red or it might be more accurate to say it went red when I was half way across I don't know I couldn't see it
There is often one on the other side of the junction.

........The cameras give an Amber time and a red time.
Obviously there is, but I don't know the relevance.

That's rubbish.

True, but then you would have to slow down and be ready to stop instantly just in case it went to amber when only a few yards away.

Here up in the north west we must not have many traffic light cameras, either that or all the taxi's have special exemptions :)

Taxi drivers know how all the lights work, whether there are working cameras, and the lights that take an inordinate amount of time between your direction becoming red and the opposite direction changing to amber and green.
That is the junctions where all of the lights are red for several seconds.

Not saying it is right but they do know what they can get away with.

It may be worth saying that the only reason for being done for going through a red light is going through a red light.
Anything else is irrelevant.

Iseem to recall a junction in London, that has the yellow hatching, the way the traffic flows drivers get caught often, every few minutes.

It was on the news. Radio 4....

Junction of Bagley's Lane and New King's Road, West London.

The following is one road users account of how he fought a "box" fine, although not the one on Bagley's Lane.

If you go through an Amber light and irrespective of any reason if you don't exit the junction box area when the light subsequently goes red.

It's classed as going through a red light !

My days course has been booked.

Amber light when I went through,
Red before I cleared the box.
That cannot be correct.some of the boxes are quite big apart from anything else...You sure it was amber!!!Or you were v unlucky..Most bloody motorists have no idea of what they are!!

Does this warning not apply to women as well? Does rule 174 state women are exempt?

"You are committing a Road Traffic Offence if you fail to stop for a red light. Certain emergency vehicles are exempted, but in general it is the driver’s obligation to stop at traffic lights unless they are on green. If the amber light is showing, then you must stop unless you have already crossed the white stop line or if you are too close to stop the vehicle safely, and without causing an accident. If the red light is illuminated, then you must stop regardless of the circumstances. "

Amber light your supposed to stop !

Damn. I thought amber meant "check road is clear ahead, if it is, step on it, before the red light comes on!".

Sponsored Links
Back