German Police

So your saying we have a natural effect which through millennia has risen far far higher and fallen lower with no input from mankind . Glad we sorted that out

Not millennia, much longer timescales than that. We have to go back about ten million years to find levels of carbon dioxide which are as high as they are now.

But your basic point holds. It is true that there have been times in the past, millions of years ago, when carbon dioxide levels were much higher. But the temperatures were also much higher. That is because higher carbon dioxide levels always lead to higher temperatures. That is what we mean by global warming!

Sponsored Links
Oh deary me really .

I'm always happy to learn new stuff, and I don't care who from. See Brig's Socrates quote ;)

So, why were carbon dioxide levels far higher in the past, if not because of volcanism? What periods are you referring to?

Sponsored Links
So you never said in a comment i would brick it at 200ppm .DO try and keep up with what you write

You said "brought it up"; that was Jonathan M.

I have not said anything about "action levels", nor "danger levels"; those were all you.

And the point still stands; you are the one stating absolute numbers, and I and Jonathan M are telling you that they are meaningless in themselves.

You said "brought it up"; that was Jonathan M.

I have not said anything about "action levels", nor "danger levels"; those were all you.

And the point still stands; you are the one stating absolute numbers, and I and Jonathan M are telling you that they are meaningless in themselves.
So you did mention it, jumping on the banned wagon without actually knowing what levels of CO would be deemed to be dangerous . . Glad that's cleared up .

Can you tell me why before any mankind let alone industry were on this planet CO2 levels were far higher

You have asked several times why carbon dioxide levels were far higher in the distant past. When I've said that I thought it was due to volcanic activity you have dismissed that. Are you ever going to explain why you think carbon dioxide levels were far higher in the past?

You have asked several times why carbon dioxide levels were far higher in the distant past. When I've said that I thought it was due to volcanic activity you have dismissed that. Are you ever going to explain why you think carbon dioxide levels were far higher in the past?
Take a look at the amount of volcanic activity during the Permian Period - about 300 million years ago. Huge cockroaches. The size of a car. Be afraid.

So you did mention it, jumping on the banned wagon without actually knowing what levels of CO would be deemed to be dangerous . . Glad that's cleared up .

Lot of presumption there (I do use EH40, you know ;) )

I'm not on a "banned wagon"; just participating in a discussion (y)
That you don't like being questioned, by a number of different posters, about the tripe you're posting, is your problem.

But, enough of your poor attempts at diversion; you have know been educated - many times - that just stating a number is meaningless without context and effect.

If you don't take that in, it's down to your inability to grasp the concept, or unwillingness to do so.

Lot of presumption there (I do use EH40, you know ;) )
Really eh40 how long did it take to Google that and if you do you use it you would know the level is way below 200 when you would be so called bricking it and evacuating the area

the level is way below 200 when you would be so called bricking it and evacuating the area
The point is that random numbers need to be in context. The discussion is about climate change, not a kitchen in Ardenglen.

Really eh40 how long did it take to Google that

Hell of a lot of presumption there.

What makes you think you are the sole authority of anything?

Why do you have such an inferiority complex, that you can't accept that anyone else "knows stuff"?

Why do you have such an inferiority complex, that you can't accept that anyone else "knows stuff"?
Inferiority complex would be the opposite to what your claiming . Do keep up . Take a bit more time with your replies so you don't constantly make an ass of your self

Sponsored Links
Back