getting foot in the door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am currently studying plumbing at college and have been trying to get a job/work experience with a plumber, plumbing company and have found out it is harder than i thought to get your foot in the door if anyone has got any advice or vacancies please reply.
thank you :)

Sponsored Links
thanks john i currently don't have any plumbimg qualifications not until i pass this one anyway i have asked at my college help is limited i have got some free time at the moment so will even work for free few hours a week unfortunatly i got bills to pay so cant offer much more but need the experience and the reference would be great i am enthusiastic and love to learn i am based in the birmingham area

how old are you - if your out of the 16-21 agegroup i think you'l find it hard :confused:
i'm constantly getting CV's sent to me even from 16yr old kids who are still at school so its hard to get yourself noticed from the crowd. I had a guy leave me a message on my phone asking for any casual work, i kept his number stored on my phone - so go through your local directory and call all the plumbers in there and you might stand a better chance.
Also if there are any large companies near you ring them or go there in person and ask instead of sending them a letter.

Sponsored Links
Back