plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WANTED PLUMBING APPRENTICESHIP

I have recently started a Full -Time (1yr) City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate at Oxford & Cherwell Valley College in Blackbird Leys, Oxford studying 2.5 days a week.

I am desperately looking for an Apprenticeship, where I can work full time and attend college on a day release basis.

If you are a plumber looking for an Apprentice in the Oxford area, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Jimmy, your CV should already be on every plumbers door mat in the yellow pages. Tradesmen arnt at home worrying about where they are going to find an apprentice from, there are more apprentices than apprentiships, you need to be out there selling yourself, making yourself as useful as possible and probibaly preparing to clean fittings all day every day.

Sponsored Links
C&G at 2.5 days a week? what an advert! FAIL!

thats a bit harsh, an apprentice does 1 week in 4 or sometimes 5 for 2 yrs, so 1 week per month(less holiday periods) for 24 months is 5x12x2=120 days max, prob less. 2.5 days x 46 weeks (taking into account hols) = 115 so no difference in reality.

WANTED PLUMBING APPRENTICESHIP

I have recently started a Full -Time (1yr) City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate at Oxford & Cherwell Valley College in Blackbird Leys, Oxford studying 2.5 days a week.

I am desperately looking for an Apprenticeship, where I can work full time and attend college on a day release basis.

If you are a plumber looking for an Apprentice in the Oxford area, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Jimmy

Full time, 1 year, and 2 and a half days a week doesn't compute. So it's half a year, part time, spread out. With holidays.

hi chaps, many thanks for the different replys................

i have sent out 3 letters on 3 separate occasions, the most recent being last week, talkin 20 letters here at a time...........and also the advert i posted on here, i took round to plumbers merchants on friday to witney, abingdon, oxford and kidlington so i have tried and tried and it was my bro that suggested posting on here jus 2 c wot sort of response i might get............i will get there.........

oh and by the way the course is actually classed as a full time 1yr course, thats wot it says in there prospectus and when i started, wasn't me makin it up!!!

Unfortunately Jimmy, you've got no chance.

Unless you've done really badly at school, have a criminal record and need to be 're-introduced to society' or have been claiming benefits since you learnt how to masturbate; you're not getting an apprenticeship. :LOL:

No, on a more serious note, well done for trying here, but don't stop here.

Getting an apprenticeship would require you to attend College 1 day a week, and work the other 4-6.

But you'll have to land a job first, and 20 letters, 3 times, is nothing. You need to write a good cover letter, a good CV and post it at least 100 times.

Local plumbers merchants, A4 poster, staple gun and a cheeky word with the store manager might help.

Even advertising in your local shop, sandwich shop, cafe, garage and hairdressers might help.

We're people too, and we'll eventually see you everywhere, and someone will give in.

You also need to start doing 'little jobs' your family have been needing doing. Such as finally stopping that leaking tap, or fixing the downstairs toilet.

This will improve your basic knowledge (after a few mistakes) and help you build a good set of hand tools, which you discover you need as each job happens.

Good tools, a good attitude and an even better attempt at getting an apprenticeship will be the only things that guarantee you one.

Chin up and keep trying. It will happen one day.

hi chaps, many thanks for the different replys................

i have sent out 3 letters on 3 separate occasions, the most recent being last week, talkin 20 letters here at a time...........and also the advert i posted on here, i took round to plumbers merchants on friday to witney, abingdon, oxford and kidlington so i have tried and tried and it was my bro that suggested posting on here jus 2 c wot sort of response i might get............i will get there.........

oh and by the way the course is actually classed as a full time 1yr course, thats wot it says in there prospectus and when i started, wasn't me makin it up!!!

One of the conditions of being unemployed, and receiving benefits, it that you MUST apply for 5 jobs per week, and provide evidence for this. Hence the latest stats out are that there are 8-17 people going for the same job in various areas.

To gain employment, to back up your training, then whatever your age is, is to contact Connexxions(?) in your area, or contact the DSS to put forward your name for an advanced back to work programme, where you are located into a workplace, hopefully of your choice, to gain experience.

But wot u say an u makin it up, is bad text speak, so hopefully you don't speak like that, but learn the context of typing/speaking correctly. It's a long dark road, but I hope you find the light.

Sponsored Links
Back