getting hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im get hot water but no heating the boiler is hot but no water is moving to the rads i have already bleed the rads any help pls

Sponsored Links
Let me guess...............your boiler is white? Sorry to be sarcastic, but how do you expect help with so little info. Put a bit of effort in.

its a vokera 24 compact yesterday had to top up the water in the boiler because it had only dropped into the red after i did that it was then i notice the heat not working so i bleed all the rads today thinking the was air in them but nope still not working

I assume the system pressure is still up and that any external controls including a timer and room stat are calling for heat.

Sponsored Links
yes they are and the boiler is still firing up see the poilt light working anyway still have hot water but nothing to the rads :(

could it be the switch that has been broken because i moved it back to reset/off then moved it back to ch/hw

Yes it could well have snapped. Not uncommon with some Vokeras. Does the selector switch feel different when using it to select functions?

it was the 1st time i have moved the switch since i bought the house almost 2 years ago ...... it was stiff when i tryed to turn in so many it snapped on me

If the switch had snapped the boiler wouldnt fire up, is there a hot tap open/dripping anywhere stopping the heat going to rads, if not and all controls are calling for heat it may be a problem with the pump??

no the boiler is still working and it is firing up when just no heating so i must be that i think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back