Give me Inspiration!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys and girls.

I've just bought my first home, and currently in the process of deciding what colours to put where etc, been having quite heated discussions with my mother who thinks some colours id like will be to dark for some rooms or to boring. I know it wont be her house, id just like i bit of input from other people.

Sooo please please post pictures of your living/dining/kitchen/bathrooms and master bedrooms please.

I'm itching to do my bedroom a rasberry colour but my mother thinks this colour wil be to dark to have on all four walls, what do you all think??

Sponsored Links
I think your mother is a sensible woman. Keep it light and neutral and then add colour with curtains, rugs etc. However, a coat of paint can easily be changed if you don't like it - so try a few experiments.

Sponsored Links
If you want it raspberry, paint it raspberry and say no more about it.

with the practice, it will not take you long to paint it another colour when you change your mind. Just clean the walls and prepare them well as any blemishes wil annoy you.

Whatever colour you choose on the chart get the next lighter shade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back