Inspiration needed on hallway wallpaper..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 2001 newbuild has neutral colours. ie magnolia walls bright and fresh. However because the plasterer did a not so good job on the hallway wall/landing wall (only the one side and the longest that continues upstairs) I have decided to wallpaper that side. I have noticed that some showoom houses have this. It is the solution to my problem :)

I need inspiration though. I need a wallpaper that compliments the magnolia walls. Not dark and not to bright. Some online showroom photos would help. Any inspirational suggestions please or/and direction would be gratefully received. My decorator pal is now waiting..so need to find this wallpaper :)

Sponsored Links
If the wall is rough and bumpy then steer well clear of light, shiney plain papers they will highlight everything that is wrong with the wall and possibly make it look worse

I would personally go for a paper that has a matt finish and a fairly colourful busy pattern..avoiding stripes like the plague.

Something cheerful and fresh, maybe flowers or plants with plenty of greens and creams to compliment the maggy

Oh no point in blaming the plasterer, he will blame the blokes who did the boards, they will blame the blokes who did the stud work...they will blame the blokes who built the wall...who will blame the blokes who set it out....who will blame the company who did the plans, who will blame the developer for choosing that style

So in short..its your fault for buying it and moving in.

Thank you Zampa for your input. I have been advised to go for matt. Bt not sure about flowery paper lol It is after all my pad. I like stripes but I guess is might show up. Decorator tells me we may gey away with just wallpaper but we may have to line in before wallpaper. He tells me line paper by itself and then emulsioned will not hide the imperfections.

I am going to have to look at a lot of wallpaper and have samples. I wish I could walk into somebodys house or better still a showroom and say that the one!! :rolleyes:

Your deccy sounds like he knows what hes talking about...lining paper is really only ok for surface imperfections it doesnt work miracles.

If you want something different pattern wise then you might want to consider some of William Morris's designs

I would keep away from anything too bold or symetrical because if the walls are out then it could push the pattern out where it matches.

Sponsored Links
Make a statement and go for some 60s wallpaper. Black and orange look good. (I grew up in the 60s so actually like that stuff)

All those big lairy patterns are popular at the moment too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back