Glastonbury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just got off the phone with a mate of mine who is playing down at Glastonbury. Apparently in the field he was standing next to at the time, the tents are flooded with two feet of water, some tents have washed away, and people aren't being allowed in the field, even if their tent is there. The water is just sitting on top of the dry ground, so it's turned into a lake.

If you know anyone out there and can't get in touch, don't worry, they might have just left their phone in their tent which they can't get back to!

They might be a bit miserable though...

To top it off, the showers have stopped working :eek:

Sponsored Links
Yes, all looks to be a bit of a mess: BBC News Link

Fortunately I'm not keen of the idea of festivals anyway but my best mate went to "Download" at Donington last weekend and apparently had a whale of a time...

An acquintance of mine went to Download and won't shut up about it :LOL:

I love camping, I love going to gigs, I just don't like the idea of stinky toilets and lack of showers (although apparently the showers were alright last year, and unisex!)

My band was invited to play in one of the small tents at Glastonbury in 2001, unfortunately a couple of us had finals right up until the Friday so we couldn't do it :cry: :cry: :cry: . I don't care how stinky the toilets are, you don't turn down the opportunity to PLAY at Glastonbury without good reason. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back