Gloss first or emulsion first

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems a silly question and may have been answered before but why is it that so many british painters,paint gloss first?
This for myself is not the way to paint!
I started life as a painter in a flat land known as holland,where all painters, emulsion first then gloss,and this is the way i have always thought it to be,but when i came back from flat land and started work here with other painters,i seemed to be the ODD one,who wanted to do glossing last.
Do any of yous think i am correct for the obvious method,or do yous all think im wrong?
If thought correctly, it is easier to emulsion,then gloss.
Appreciate any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
:eek: :confused: Strange ,.............can you help me with a Q.?........what is a Dutch Oven :?:

A Dutch oven is a thick-walled iron (usually cast iron) cooking pot with a tight-fitting lid. It is commonly referred to as a 'camp oven' in the Australian bush, and a cocotte in French, and is similar to the South African potjie. (An Australian 'Bedourie oven' is made of steel rather than cast-iron, so that it is more suitable for carrying by packhorses.)

Offically yes...but the other dutch oven is when you fart in bed and lift the covers up for a wiff!

Anyway...back to the question

Most painters dont do the gloss work first...they paint the walls then d the gloss because its easier to cut into after.

Sponsored Links
You only gloss first if your hanging finish paper.

It could be you are working with Toshers and not Decorators. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back