Gloss Paint Small Spongle Rollers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I should be grateful if someone could advise me why when using the above sometimes not always small bubbles appear in paint work.

It must be me I think HELP!!

Many thanks

Graham Turner[/b]

Sponsored Links
If you mean bubbles as you are rolling the gloss on the door for example, you just roll the bubbles out, it can happen sometimes if the gloss is an inferior brand and too thin, its just a matter of laying off upwards with the roller and the bubbles should roll out.

Have you left your gloss roller in water by any chance?, again if the water hasnt been removed from the roller properely, some water gets into the paint and can cause bubbles, but again they will go after a few rolls.

Best way to fix this prob is they off with a good oil painting brush..............

I agree, as I think that the sponge roller or the shorthaired one, can give you more grief than thier worth.

I find that sometimes you get ripples from the roller arm, and have to go over it time and time again.

The other weekend I had 18 doors to paint both sides, flush doors, so I rolled them, then I laid off with the brush, they came up nice, I think thats a better way than rolling them completely. :D

Sponsored Links
spice said:
I agree, as I think that the sponge roller or the shorthaired one, can give you more grief than thier worth.

I find that sometimes you get ripples from the roller arm, and have to go over it time and time again.

The other weekend I had 18 doors to paint both sides, flush doors, so I rolled them, then I laid off with the brush, they came up nice, I think thats a better way than rolling them completely. :D
Yep, i totally agree.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back