Gloss still soft after a few weeks !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 3 or 4 weeks ago I stripped an internal window sill to bare wood,used some universal filler from Wickes in some damaged areas ie deep scratches etc and then primed with 2 coats of water based primer/undercoat.This was coated with some Dulux gloss.
Supposedly this takes 16 hours to dry before recoating so 24 hours later I gave it a quick rub down....it didnt feel totally dry as the paper was dragging in a few places....and recoated.
The paint looks like it has shrunk in a few areas and where the main filler section was it is still not fully hard.
What to do for the best ? I need to have it finished over the weekend as I have carpet fitters coming monday. Leave it and put up with it ? Rub down and recoat and hope for the best ?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you put it on way too thick. Leave it to harden then see what's the best way to go. What's it got to do with the carpet fitter?

I gave it 1 coat,left it a day and then 1 more as per the instructions on the tin.
I've just spent the last 2 months renovating the room from top to bottom and want it all finished by the time the new carpet and bed arrives on monday.
That's sensible isn't it ? You wouldn't want to sleep in a room that's just had fresh paint would you ? Especially as the paint was still wet after 3 hours !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back