Glow worm 30cxi dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I am at a 30cxi 47-047-24

It has no display or control light and is completely dead.

But I have correct power to on/off switch, then on to the PCB at H8, the on board 630 mAT fuse is good with power to most parts of the board when i put my wand on it, the switch live is powered to the controls interface with power at H7, and it seems there is no power going to the user interface which has the display which is dead,

I am thinking of getting the main PCB, but worried its a problem with something else like the controls interface or the user interface, I don't want to look a right plank in front of the custard by ordering the wrong part, so any help would be great as the MI's fault section is no help.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Pain in the ass this fault! Firstly I'd start by disconnecting each component on the low voltage harness one by one and see if it comes to life. Flow switch, pressure sensor etc...

Have you tried doing a search on this forum? I'm sure you'll find a few threads about it.

Also, there's a private forum on here for RGIs called The Combustion Chamber. Email admin with your GS details and they'll let you in. There's some top blokes giving good advice.

Andy

Sponsored Links
its not always pcb, first post should be followed first, could be fan, lwps, display, display to pcb harness or pcb. bit of investigation required to prevent egg on face.

Cheer guys, will order main pcb, will post result on Monday.

Ok m8, more and more PCB's are going on these newer boilers, i am now starting to think manufacturers are making more now on parts than they do on the actual boiler!!!

1- check boiler is correct wired . p/live, s/live and neutral
2- check all pcb molex plug connections, that are located and fitted correct (work loose)
3- check display molex j13 is fitted right way around
4- disconnect j4 plug if this brings back display , replace fan.
5- cxi/sxi/si/ci range. disconect water pressure sensor if the display then shows f9 then goes blank when reconnected replace sensor

hope this helps

Power to PCB no lights no Display = No PCB Replace it!!
(horrible boiler by the way!) ;)

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:
take nothing from this post and follow the others first!!

there are several other reason's display does not appear

oh and by the way not a horrible boiler easy (ish) fault finding and pretty damn reliable!!

its not always pcb, first post should be followed first, could be fan, lwps, display, display to pcb harness or pcb. bit of investigation required to prevent egg on face.

not true

and your experience is based on what? Mine is based on working on these boilers every day for Glowworm. How often have you seen this fault? ever?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back