glow worm 50 ff

He's certainly not worked on many Glow Worm Ultimates. It's very rare to see a pcb fault unless another component has taken it out and then it normally blows the fuse on the PCB. Mind you I only used to maintain and service around a hundred so I obviously know nothing.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your replys, i rang glowworm and they said it was pcb but they were wrong, it turned out to be a partialy blocked pilot so its now fixed

Are you gassafe raden? , going by some of your posts I get the impression you don't really know much about boilers and their working principles , take the profile for instance , can you go into more detail other than 'the board senses a flame' , what does this mean? :confused:

Err what do you mean ?

The pcb looks for the rectification effect of which is a property of the flame

It SENSES the flame

I wouldnt normally discuss gas faults but they've already been mentioned so no bother, and an idiot needs putting right.
No.1 fault, dirty pilot causing weak flame 90% of the time, even more common if its LPG. How many have I worked on i wonder? i used to work for glowworm so i would say at one point 9 or 10 a week.
pcb my ar*e. When the boards go more often than not they go pop, especially the 7 wire version.
If the ignition lead is faulty it wont spark in the right place full stop, usually cos the last donkey to service it nipped the lead with the case.

OK I stand corrected on that

Sponsored Links
He's certainly not worked on many Glow Worm Ultimates. It's very rare to see a pcb fault unless another component has taken it out and then it normally blows the fuse on the PCB. Mind you I only used to maintain and service around a hundred so I obviously know nothing.
you must have led a sheltered life then

I have had over 60 go out since the turn of the year. Glowworm obviously kept the more involved jobs for someone else

Raden i notice you didnt hilight my reply .

Dirty pilot was your 3rd choice when anyone who knows these boilers the first thing they would check would be the pillot.

Because you have sold 60 off these boards this year doesnt mean you have had 60 faulty boards back clever wording . As customers have prob been advised wrong as this on,e has been by gloworm and yourself.

I would agree conflict of influence someone who owns a compant directly related to pcb`s suggesting that as the most likely fault.

If the OP had asked does anyone know where to get a pcb would you havethen suggest your own

Raden i notice you didnt hilight my reply .

Dirty pilot was your 3rd choice when anyone who knows these boilers the first thing they would check would be the pillot.

Because you have sold 60 off these boards this year doesnt mean you have had 60 faulty boards back clever wording . As customers have prob been advised wrong as this on,e has been by gloworm and yourself.

I would agree conflict of influence someone who owns a compant directly related to pcb`s suggesting that as the most likely fault.

If the OP had asked does anyone know where to get a pcb would you havethen suggest your own

Look - if someone phones up and is not sure if it's the pcb the fan or whatever, I will always give them impartial advice and if in doubt tell them what else to try before buying a pcb from us. I do not sell someone a pcb if I think that the fault lies elsewhere.

I probably lose a lot of sales from doing this, but selling a part that will not fix a problem doesn't help anyone, and I would rather have the good feedback and reccomendations that come from being honest. I also spend a considerable amount of time sorting out problems that supposedly competent gas fitters should be able to resolve themselves

My experience on ultimates is pcbs wrt flame sensing is that the pcb (specifically two resistors burning out) is the most common fault.

At the end of the day, the checklist, whether it's in the order that you expect or not would get to the fault.

Impartial advice? . Should that not be changed to untrained advice and guess work.
Your not actually trained in gas work and hold no qualifications and have no experience in actually working on appliances do you.

When these customers have bought pcb`s on your impartial advice and your wrong do you give them a full refund inc postage.

Yes the check list would have found the fault but it is always better to put any check list in a correct sequence not the least likely and most expensive first ,otherwise all lists would start with ... Renew boiler.

Impartial advice? . Should that not be changed to untrained advice and guess work.

I give advice based on 20 years of experience. I would go so far as to say that we are unique in the depth of knowledge we have (I include my staff,)

I do not need to have been trained as a fitter to understand most boiler problems (although if I don't know, I say so), lets face it gas fitting is hardly rocket science

Your not actually trained in gas work and hold no qualifications and have no experience in actually working on appliances do you.

I have a degree and 20 years experience, I'll say i5t again- gas fitting is hardly rocket science

When these customers have bought pcb`s on your impartial advice and your wrong do you give them a full refund inc postage.

it depends on whether I tell them I an 100% sure

Yes the check list would have found the fault but it is always better to put any check list in a correct sequence not the least likely and most expensive first ,otherwise all lists would start with ... Renew boiler.

you really are an idiot, aren't you

looking for some little reason to triup me up

Look and learn, loser

I give advice based on 20 years of experience. I would go so far as to say that we are unique in the depth of knowledge we have (I include my staff,)

I do not need to have been trained as a fitter to understand most boiler problems (although if I don't know, I say so), lets face it gas fitting is hardly rocket science

I have a degree and 20 years experience, I'll say i5t again- gas fitting is hardly rocket science

it depends on whether I tell them I an 100% sure

you really are an idiot, aren't you

looking for some little reason to triup me up

Look and learn, loser, if someone buys a pcb from me, it's often the cheapest option

for example £30 for a profile pcb as opposed to getting some RGI twonk out at £50+ just to turn up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back