Glow worm 65-80 re-lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Apologies for dense nature of this post. Just moved into a new property that has a Glow Worm 65-80 boiler, approx 30 yrs old. Been working fine for first month but has now ground to a halt. I know absolutely nothing about it and there's no manual. First things first I want to re-light the pilot, which seems to have gone out. I can see the viewing window for the pilot and the knob for turning to the pilot setting, but how do i actually light it (there's no ignition button).
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If the boiler is the room sealed version there should be something like this fitted with a button to operate it and a lead going to the pilot assy. Without this, lighting the boiler is not for a diyer as it will involve some dismantling of some combustion chamber parts.
Finding out why the pilot failed is important and may be a component failure or a lack of servicing. These boilers are simple and relatively cheap to repair. I only hope your gas valve is ok as they are obsolete and if you can find one they are priced accordingly. View media item 50434

Could you not ask the vendor how he did it?

The surveyor's report should have indicated that its a very old and rather inefficient boiler. It would have been included in the 400 pound boiler scrappage grant a few years ago!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back