GLOW WORM BOILER GOING ON AND OFF VERY FREQUENTLY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had our the Glow Worm Boiler serviced and the fan changed. The water is hot and the radiators are working.
My concern is that despite not having used any hot water for bathing or washing, the boiler keeps starting up every 2-3 minutes. I have now set the temperature at 65degrees as it was too hot at 80.
I was under the impression that once the water reached the 65 degree temperature, then the boiler should only click on if the hot water is used or the temperature in the hot water tank cooled a bit for e.g., during the night or at other times when the boiler is not timed to be on.
Apart from the constant working of the boiler which will make my gas bills exorbitant, I am worried that the boiler might overheat and/or there could be some serious damage by overheating of the hot water tank especially with the two children at home.
Rgds

Sponsored Links
which glow worm boiler would that be then?
more detail, more info

probably cxi combi with preheat set to on. I think it says eco .Turn the dhw temp dial back to turn it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back