Glow worm boiler over heating the water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We moved about a year ago and have an Energysaver Combi 2 80. To be honest we've never really got our heads round it and it's never really worked as it should.

At the moment the water temp is way too high (to the point that I scalded myself this morning :( ) but we don't know how to turn it down. From the download from the glow worm web site we reckon the reading on the front should be 6 but it's currently 8. All it has is a mode button and a reset button.

Can anyone help me decrease the water temp?

Cheers,

Ww

Sponsored Links
Probably the Domestic Hot Water Thermistor has had it! This maintains the temperature in the heat exchanger at 65C.

The 8 in the display says that the temperature is between 76-85C, which is much too high.

There are two Hot Water settings which can be changed using the mode button. 't' gives a temperature of 65C and 'E' a temperature of 55C; it is normally on 't'. You could try the 'E' setting to see if it makes any difference.

This is off topic, but it might explain why your temperature is so high. Do you have a room thermostat? If not, you should get one fitted. You will then be able to use the 'adaptive control' feature in your boiler.

It's all in the Manual

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back