glow worm fuel saver mk II not heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help! Boiler (glow worm fuel saver 50B mk II) is performing fine for central heating, but won't fire up for hot water. Pilot light is staying on nicely, it just won't go whoomph for HW. I bought and installed a new programmer, as the old one seemed stiff and worn out, but this hasn't helped. Any suggestions as to what I can try? Thermostat? I'm a carpenter, not a plumber, so no tech speak please. Only bought the house in april! grrr.

Sponsored Links
If it works ok for c/h then the boiler is not at fault.More likely to be external controls ie cyl stat but more likely a zone valve.Please describe your system better,ie whats in the airing cupboard?

I seem to've got it going now. i went and looked in the airing cupbd and fiddled with lever on ?flow share? box and twiddled a thing called a switchmaster and now hw seems to work ok. will try ch later and experiment to see if flow share ting is dodgy.
thanks for your willingness to help. much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back