Glow worm swift flow 75 pilot problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any of you CH engineers work this one out?

pilot went out so i relit it,pilot glows until you turn on a tap to test it then it goes out and theres a smell of gas.there a click like something shutting the boiler off.

tried to keep the gas start knob in for longer as per instructions but still the same,any ideas really need some help? :cry:

Sponsored Links
well ive been here 3 years and not in that time!!

just need to get it going as im getting a full new system put in soon and need this to work to tide me over.dont want to throw money at it as it was always my intention to change it.

Unfortunately the key to get it going is to get it serviced as I should imagine that when the boiler fires up gas at full rate the pilot flame shrinks, drops off the thermocouple and knocks it off, then again it may be the fan blowing it out.....needs looking at.

Sponsored Links
yeah ill hang on for the new system i think,ill give them a ring and hurry them up

thanks for the reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back