Glow-worm Ultimate 30c - CHW temp too high!!

Sponsored Links
No we don't have an external temperature sensor. I think we do have the ClimaPro installation instructions, I'll go find them.

But when we go to the ClimaPro I can see how you can change the HW temp, but when you select CH there is no similar temperature area to modify.

Where do you enter the 2nd level password on the ClimaPro.

Link above will take you to the instructions.
Hold down the menu key for 7 seconds. Enter 96
Look in 'Heating Parameters' for 'Modulating Control'. Switch it off.
Temp control on boiler will now work.

Thanks for the link to the ClimaPro, but reading 10.4.3 it shows you how to turn the modulating on/off. The default setting is off anyway. But it does not follow on with any instructions on how to reduce the water temperature. Nor does it mention the 2nd level access.

It does state '96' as the access to the installers menu, I've seen this before when searching Google, but this was press the boiler 'mode' button for 7 seconds.

Sponsored Links
If modulating is on you cannot adjust the temperature so it disappears from the menu.

RichD1 if you adjust anything in diagnostics you must tell the repair engineer if anything changed , nothing worse than customers messing with things they don't understand , anyway it will only cost you more anyway if you didn't . god i hate fiddlers who pretend they haven't done so:censored: . theres a code for a reason .
just advice

@AGAS take your point, but I've txt'd the installer before I started this thread, not had a response yet!

I don't think the parameters that I'm talking about are in the diagnostic side, I believe they are in the default operating parameters of the boiler.

Why do Glow worm make it so difficult to change the CHW temperature? Every other boiler I've had or seen over the years always had a front panel adjustment.

Richard

They dont.
As you stated earlier the default setting is to have modulation switched off allowing adjustment on the front panel. Your installer should have explained this to you when the boiler was set up.

No idea! I would always explain the benefits of both then allow you to decide.

@wannocks OK, temp now reduced to 65C. It was already in modulating 'off' mode when I got into the installers menu of the ClimaPro, but could find no where in the on scrteen prompts to alter temperature.

So went back to the boiler and pressed the mode button for 7 seconds and then got into the 2nd level installers menu. Entered the '96' passcode and we were in. Could then toggle down to parameter d71 and reduced the setting from 75C to 65C. Saved new settings and exited. Everything working fine and the radiators are at a much safer operating temperature.

So can you explain what modulating heat is please? Is it purely intended for when there is an external temperature sensor.

I already have explained this.
If the Climapro is set to modulating it overrides the control on the boiler. The bigger the difference between the set temperature and the required temperature the higher the flow temperature will be. If you have an outside air temperature sensor this information is added to the algorithm to decide what the flow temperature should be.
The flow temperature is adjusted on the front of the boiler WITHOUT needing to go into second level diagnostics. The reason you couldn't do this before is because the Climapro was set to modulating. The display changes to 'NO' to tell you the Climapro is controlling the flow temperature.

@AGAS take your point, but I've txt'd the installer before I started this thread, not had a response yet!

I don't think the parameters that I'm talking about are in the diagnostic side, I believe they are in the default operating parameters of the boiler.

Why do Glow worm make it so difficult to change the CHW temperature? Every other boiler I've had or seen over the years always had a front panel adjustment.

Richard

You say this,then later state you went into D71. In the second level INSTALLERS menu. The D stands for Diagnostics. There is a password to stop users accidentally adjusting settings that can adversely affect the safe operation of the boiler.
D71 is not for adjusting the temperature. It is a maximum limit stop to prevent a customer setting the temperature too high with the normal control on the front of the boiler.

@wannocks I had to go into the 2nd level on the boiler to change the CHW temperature, because when I tried just on the mode function it said 'no'. You then said that it was because the ClimaPro was connected and that modulating was on. When I did get into the 2nd level on the ClimaPro I found that modulating was off, but I couldn't change the water temperature unless I went into the diagnostics level on the boiler.

I did find an installers copy of the installation manual online, and in there it stated that D71 was factory set at 75C but was adjustable (think it said you could adjust between 50C to 75C) via the installers menu and to get into the boiler 2nd level the passcode was 96.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back