glow worm ultimate 50ff not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just come back from a few weeks holiday and went to warm up the water but the boiler wont light.... I can hear the fan and the pump and I can see the 'spark' activating, but the pilot light wont light? The ignition spark just keeps on 'sparking', but no pilot light.

Does anybody have any ideas please??

Thanks in anticipation!
Rob

Sponsored Links
Did you turn the gas off when you went on holiday?

If not sounds like you need a RGI in to check over gas valve.

Is it lpg?, does it have the blue double solenoid cover under the gas valve?. Not a million miles from you if you need someone to cast an eye over it.

probably blocked pilot, very common on this boiler. RGI job though I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
Hello again,

Many many thanks for the quick responses.

We were away for just over 3 weeks, and the gas was not turned off, should it have been??

It isn't lpg, and it doesn't have a blue double solenoid cover. Also, thanks for the offer to take a quick look 'ollski', but I didn't realise that my wife contacted a Corgi registered guy today and he's going to be calling tomorrow...........hope it doesn't cost me the earth!!

Once again I really appreciate the input from you all,

Rob

There aren't many faults on these tbh, fan stopping and starting - pcb, sparking with no spark in window - electrode lead shorting, spark in window no ignition - gas valve solenoid / blocked pilot. Covers 9/10 faults on these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back