Glow Worm Ultimate 50FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys this is my first post so please be gentle! I went to look at a boiler on saturday. It's not been working for 3 years! Someone else has stripped it too, which is horrible.

Anyway I did some checks, found the PCB to be faulty. Popped out and bought a new one. Boiler came to life, but would spark up. So I cleaned out the pilot injector with a bit of caned air.

She then fired up on pilot...but goes no further.

When I push the combustion chamber door on, the pilot stays alight, but it starts to spark again...don't know if I was pinching the cable.

Anyway, I wanted to take the fan assembly off to look for blockages as the C.C had leafs in it.

One screw was seized in and I've stripped the head. The joys!

I don't really want to get involved with it, as I don't like the idea of repairing a boiler that has sat dormant for years like that, so I will only leave it running if I'm 100% sure it's safe.

Any ideas?
Cheers, Daniel

Sponsored Links
Should have said, I can't get the main burner to fire. When I put the CC door on, you hear a click from the PCB and it starts trying to spark, even though the pilot remains lit.

get a new poilt jet. or take out the old one and clean it with a pin there is two very small holes in it.
the pcb cant sense the poilt flame cause it to small that why it keeps sparking.

get a new poilt jet. or take out the old one and clean it with a pin there is two very small holes in it.
the pcb cant sense the pilot flame cause it to small that why it keeps sparking.

Sponsored Links
Am registered, how do I get into the CC?

I cleaned jet with air...there are two holes. The main one has a NRV in it?

The pilot looked failrly healthy, but wish I had made a bit more of an effort to clean it now.

Thanks for replies. Going to bed now, but will check back tommorow. I'm not able to return and repair boiler until saturday as the client is busy all week. I will post result so people know what the problem was.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back