Glow worm Ultracom 30 hxi constantly heating then cooling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I wonder if someone could help me please. We moved into our new house 3 months ago and everything has been working fine until today I noticed that our glow worm heat only boiler is staying on even when the Scottish gas model UP2 timer programmer is set to off and the British Gas RS1 wall thermostat is turned down to minimum (10 degrees). The boiler is showing the radiator symbol and temperature going up to 79 degrees, then it goes off and cools to 59 degrees. A few minutes later it repeats the heat then cool temps. The radiators are all roasting as they are open but as I say, everything that should control it is off so I have no idea why the heating isn't going off?? Any help would be appreciated! Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would suspect a motorised valve problem.

Do you have one of the ones on the left,
or two or more of the one on the right?

Hi there, thank you for your reply. Where would I find that, I don't seem to have either? Many thanks.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The usual place would be the airing cupboard. But it/they could be just about anywhere along the pipe run after the pump. You could follow the pipework that goes left out of the pump.

Or you could try, just in case the software's thrown a wobbly, resetting the boiler while the flame is out - there's a small reset button to the lower right of the display, push with pencil/small screwdriver etc.

Probably the boiler is oversized too unless you have quite a large house. This can be helped in the boiler settings.

Sponsored Links
Hi there, thank you, I'll try the reset and see what happens. Yes it is a big house, it's 5 bedrooms extended house so it goes have a lot of space to cover so to speak. Thank you

Hiya, no that's not worked. It shut off and now is heating back up to 79 degrees again and putting the water tank on and radiators. Think I'll just have to brave a plumber. Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back